Upcoming Faculty Development Sessions:
Mindful Self-Compassion course
Sept. 26 - Nov. 21, 2017 (9 weekly sessions - Tuesdays: 6:00 - 8:30 p.m.)
plus Retreat: Saturday, Oct. 28, 2017 - 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Increasingly, health-care institutions are coming under pressure to do more with less, to provide quality care with less resources and to improve the experience of patients and their families. As a result, many health-care workers find themselves grappling with increased levels of stress, burnout, compassion/empathy fatigue and conflict within their teams and colleagues.
• promote resilience, health and well-being within the self and the health care environment
• engage self-compassion and self-kindness verses the inner critic
• develop self and other observational tools thus improving one's relationship with self and others
• learn to manage suffering and difficult emotions
• learn to develop compassion and set boundaries without burnout, apathy, numbness and
• learn self-care strategies to prevent burnout
• develop the capacity for an open heart
• develop mindfulness verses over-identification
Testimonial - read what past participants have said regarding this course.
For additional information, please see flyer/registration form:
Program contact: Elda DiCroce, 905-525-9140, x. 22954 email@example.com