Since opening in 2008 the Niagara Regional Campus has provided a focus for translational medical research and quality across Niagara. Our medical students have diverse research backgrounds and we facilitate the development of research competencies by offering practical local opportunities. We have witnessed a substantial increase in research activities, in terms of student and faculty participation, project completion rates, and knowledge translation outcomes. Our student and faculty’s enthusiastic participation in research has allowed us to develop both research and quality improvement training programs with our partners at the Niagara Health System and Brock University.
Our mission in Niagara is to further McMaster University’s reputation for excellence in research through the development of a positive research culture within our MD program.
- Promote the development of research competencies through participation
- Facilitate research mentorship opportunities for faculty
- Support excellence in medical education research
- Develop leaders in healthcare, quality improvement, and research
- Strengthen existing relationships with local healthcare and academic institutions
- Foster relationships with community organizations and embrace community participation
- Promote the discovery, application, and publication of new knowledge
- Facilitate knowledge transfer at local, provincial, and national levels
News & Events
Our annual Health Quality Symposium showcases student research in quality improvement as well as quality improvement initiatives from across North America.