Since opening in 2008, the Niagara Regional Campus (NRC) has provided a focus for applied research/quality improvement projects across Niagara. Our medical students have diverse research backgrounds and interests and we facilitate the development of research competencies by offering practical local opportunities. We have witnessed a substantial increase in research activities, in terms of student and faculty participation, project completion rates, and quality improvement outcomes. Our student and faculty’s enthusiastic participation in projects has allowed us to develop both applied research and quality improvement training programs with our partners at Niagara Health and Brock University.
Our mission in Niagara is to further McMaster University’s reputation for excellence in research through the development of a positive research culture within our School of Medicine.
- Promote the development of applied research/quality improvement competencies through student and faculty participation
- Facilitate applied research/quality improvement mentorship opportunities for faculty
- Support excellence in medical education research
- Develop leaders in healthcare, quality improvement, and applied research
- Strengthen existing relationships with local healthcare and academic institutions
- Foster relationships with community organizations and embrace community participation
- Promote the creation, application, and publication of new knowledge
- Facilitate knowledge translation and exchange at local, provincial, national and international levels"