The Interprofessonial Educators Collaborative (IPEC) of Waterloo-Wellington is driven by a mandate to “foster excellence and innovation in education, practice and scholarship uniquely adapted to community needs and realities.” Formed in 2007, IPEC consists of six educational institutions in the Waterloo-Wellington Region that aim to engage students from various disciplines in the discussion and participation of interprofessional practice.
In conjunction with numerous events, IPECWW hosts two annual showcases which bring together students from all partner institutions to work together on a number of case studies in the field of healthcare.
The following institutions participate in IPEC:
- University of Waterloo School of Pharmacy
- University of Waterloo School of Optometry
- Wilfrid Laurier University Lyle S. Hallman School of Social Work
- University of Waterloo Renison University College
- Conestoga College
- McMaster University Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine – Waterloo Regional Campus