There are several pathways for engaging in research and scholarship during your time as a medical student in MACMED. Here are some of the ways you and your supervisor can engage in research:
McMaster Medical Student Research Excellence Scholarship (MAC RES) Award
- This is an annual award provided by the Undergraduate MD program to support innovative research by MD students.
- We offer research training courses for our undergraduate MD students in different research areas. These courses are run on an ongoing basis throughout the school year.
- Research Clinics are set in place for students who would like the chance to meet one-on-one with the Director of Research & Scholarship to talk about their research interests during their time in the MD program
Other Research Funding
- On this page MD students can find a wealth of information about research engagement, funding, and research opportunities
- MD students meet with research coordinators from FHS departments to talk about research opportunities that students can pursue